Monday, December 23, 2013

Supplies

                                                                          (source)


I pulled out the Cooper pattern today and put my supplies together, sure that I would have to order something to complete the project.  Looking in my sewing drawers, I had hoped to find them looking something like this:



But, they really looked like this:


....one great big mess!  As I searched through the drawers, I realized just how much I had spent on supplies over the years - years I was working full-time and hoping for the day when I could actually complete a project.  Well, it's almost as if I'm a squirrel gathering acorns for a very long winter:






I couldn't believe how much stuff I've accumulated over the years!  I don't envision having to go to the fabric store for notions anytime in the near future.  Other than the heavy fabric for the Cooper bag, I didn't need to buy anything else.  I already had it in my stash, most of it unopened.


I'm loving life right now.

I do have a question for you, though.  I can't decide on which lining fabric to use.  This bag won't be getting wet (and if it does, no big deal) so I was just going to use a light cotton fabric I already had in my stash.  Here are my choices:




Which one do you think?  The bag will be tan and navy (that's navy, not black).  I'm preferring the top one but I love the fabric and hate to cut into it.  But, fabric is meant to be cut and used, right?  The bottom one is very nice but a little too girly and if my husband uses the bag, the top fabric will be far more man-friendly.

Thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. Love the notions.. So nice to not have to run to the fabric store ,every time you sew.. Yea...
    I really like the top fabric.. and I agree, it will work for your hubby too.. Happy sewing. I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.