I tried to take pictures outside but it's far too windy today. The quilt kept blowing over my husband's head so we moved it inside. And strangely, my Samsung Note camera took a better picture than my fancy camera. Go figure.
But, no project is complete without a few, er, mistakes?
The corners are supposed to be perfectly matched and although I thought I was right on the money, alas, I wasn't. Luckily, this quilt isn't being judged by anyone but me and it will still be a functional part of my winter. I will be sending it off to be quilted by a professional. I'm too anxious to begin my next project so I won't be attempting to quilt this myself.
I also learned a very important lesson on this quilt - make good fabric choices! I based this quilt on the border fabric which was a multi-colored batik that reminded me of candy. It's very lovely but too busy for my taste and in the grand scheme of things, it's overkill. I chose fabrics that matched it - fabrics I also loved but again, just too much. The beauty of it all is that a quilt is nothing if not functional and I will still be able to use it as extra warmth during our cold winters. It will certainly liven up the dull, gray days with color and interest.
Have a great week!