Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Look 6120

I finished a new dress last weekend and this is the first time I've had to blog about it.  New Look 6120 is from the Project Runway line of Simplicity patterns and I it was really easy to make!  It is perfect for weekend errands with sandals or work with some dressier shoes.  The fabric I used was a dream to work with, especially after the houndstooth I used for the slacks and it is very good for this warmer weather we've been having lately.  And besides, it has pockets!!  I cannot live without pockets!


 
 
 



Pattern Description:  New Look 6120

Pattern Sizing: 8-16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  This pattern was extremely easy to make and the directions were easy to follow.  It was a simple kimono-style top with a gathered waist and an obi belt.  I liked everything about it.

Fabric Used: A linen blend that I've had in my stash for a while.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added 2 inches to the length of the bodice and the length of the skirt.  Good thing, too, because it would have been too short on the top and bottom if I hadn't.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will sew it again but not right now. I would recommend it to others.

Conclusion: This is a very easy pattern to make and since I don't sew dresses that often, this was a good choice.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice dress. I suspect this is one of those patterns that are easy to flick past but sew up a treat, like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it definitely is that. In fact, I think I've passed it up a few times myself. And it's almost instant gratification because it's so easy.

      Delete