I've been on vacation this week and I had planned to sew the entire week. Alas, it was not to be. My son came down with a bad cold, I had doctor's appointments and errands to run so my sewing was limited. However, I did make some progress on the Negroni.
Here it is without the sleeves. It's looking pretty good and I got this far at the beginning of the week.
Today, I moved onto the sleeve plackets and the sleeves. The plackets were much easier than I had anticipated and although they aren't identical, they are good enough to still look good and only a very trained eye would see the differences.
I then moved onto the sleeves. As per the instructions, I did flat felled seams around the armseye. I hate flat felled seams and of course, mine did not turn out looking very good. I'm glad they are on the inside where no one will really see them because they are pretty awful and I haven't decided yet how to make them look better. But, the outside stitching looks really good so I can't complain.
I then stitched up the sides and instead of doing flat-felled, I copied Peter's ways of doing kind of a mock flat felled seam and I think in the future, this is how I will solve the dreaded flat-felled issue. I took pictures but the white thread on white fabric isn't showing up well enough.
But, after sewing all afternoon, I'm looking forward to the season premier of Project Runway tonight. So, I'm off to get comfortable, have a salad and watch Tim Gunn.